Monday, November 10, 2008

Pho Cafe'

Ok, I read an article about Pho Cafe' a few years ago and it prompted us to try it. (I believe it was Westways the AAA mag.) We've been going there regularly ever since. Located in a strip mall where Sunset meets Silverlake Blvd. with no discernible sign. Pho Cafe is truly a hidden gem. A good selection of the usual rice noodle Pho available in soup as well as cold and hot bowls. There are several Vegetarian items too. I usually order the Chicken Pho Ga which is my all time favorite. In fact I've never ordered anything else! If I'm feeling a bit ill (or hungover) this spicy broth and noodles is just the ticket for me. Mrs. Marvin usually gets one of the cold bowls with beef, noodles, herbs and an egg roll. If we're really hungry we get the shrimp spring rolls or the Vietnamese crepe. The latter comes with rice paper wraps and lettuce to fold it all up and enjoy the hot and cold, the crisp and the soft, the salty and sweet. You get the idea. Top it off with a Mexican Coke in a glass bottle or a beer for a reasonable meal every time . Usually about 25 bucks for two makes it quite affordable. This place is bright and sometimes a bit noisy but I don't care one bit. This one is a sure bet every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search